ST. LOUIS — José Ramírez homered and drove in four runs, leading Shane Bieber and the Cleveland Indians over St. Louis 10-1 and sending the Cardinals to their sixth straight loss.
St. Louis' skid is its longest since a seven-game slide in June 2017. Cleveland has won four of six.
Bieber gave up one run and five hits in six innings, striking out five. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner has won his past three decisions and hasn't permitted more than three runs in any of his 13 starts this year.
Carlos Martínez allowed five runs and seven hits, including Ramírez's three-run homer, in four innings. Eddie Rosario and Bradley Zimmer also both drove in two runs to aid the Tribe offense.
The Indians remain four games behind the Chicago White Sox for first place in the AL Central. Rookie Jean Carlos Mejia (1-0, 0.00 ERA) will look to give Cleveland a two-game sweep Wednesday night against three-time All-Star Adam Wainwright (3-5, 4.19).
More Indians headlines:
- Why Indians catcher Austin Hedges feels blessed to be in Cleveland: 'Beyond the Dugout' interview
- Indians say they have list of nearly 1,200 possible options for new name
- Northeast Ohio Native American groups react to Indians name change update
- Indians, Cuyahoga County leaders 'well along' in negotiations to extend lease at Progressive Field
- Voting now open for 2021 MLB All-Star Game: José Ramírez among top choices for Indians
- Honoring Indians legend Rocky Colavito: Groundbreaking for new statue going up in Little Italy
- Why Indians pitcher Cal Quantrill wants to meet Justin Bieber: 'Beyond the Dugout' interview