CHICAGO — (AP) Tim Anderson hit a grand slam, Leury García drove in three runs from the No. 9 spot in the lineup and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 7-3.
Lance Lynn allowed three runs over five innings in his return from the injured list for the White Sox (15-11), who have won seven of nine. Austin Hedges homered and Josh Naylor had two hits for the Tribe (12-13), which has dropped eight of 13.
Lynn, sidelined since April 17 because of a right trapezius strain, allowed four hits and struck out a season-low two. He also issued two walks, doubling his season total after four starts.
Cleveland starter Triston McKenzie struggled across just two innings of work with four walks and five runs allowed, including Anderson's bomb in the second. Stragely, all six outs the 23-year-old recorded were strikeouts.
The two teams will face off in the rubber match of the three-game series Sunday afternoon. Zach Plesac (1-3, 5.81 ERA) will start for the Indians against the struggling Lucas Giolito (1-2, 5.68).
More sports headlines:
- Hall of Famer, former Indians second baseman Roberto Alomar fired by MLB over sexual misconduct
- LIVE BLOG: Final day of 2021 NFL Draft in Cleveland
- Ohio State TE, Lake County native Luke Farrell selected by Jacksonville Jaguars in 5th round of NFL Draft
- St. Ignatius alum Liam Eichenberg selected by Miami Dolphins in 2nd round of 2021 NFL Draft
- Lake Catholic football coach Marty Gibbons announces Cleveland Browns 2nd-round NFL draft selection
- Cleveland Indians name change: Where each frontrunner stands