CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from Dec. 29, 2020.
Last week, the Ohio Department of Health issued a variance allowing the Cleveland Cavaliers to host 1,944 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse -- 10 percent of the arena's capacity.
At 12 p.m. on Wednesday, the first single-game tickets for the expanded arena capacity will go on sale, with a limited number of tickets available for the following games:
- January 11th vs. Memphis Grizzlies at 7:00 p.m.
- January 12th vs. Utah Jazz at 7:30 p.m.
- January 15th vs. New York Knicks at 7:30 p.m.
Fans will be able to purchase tickets at Cavs.com/Schedule. Season ticket holders will have the first opportunity at ticket availability.
After the Cavs initially requested to be allowed to host 4,836 fans, the Ohio Department of Health approved the Cavs to host 1,944 fans. In making their proposal, the Cavs outlined the following plan for safely hosting fans at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse:
- The seating of spectators in groups/pods of up to eight members of the same family/party with six feet of social distancing between groups.
- A detailed spectator way-finding from entry into, and throughout, venue, including directions to enter specific entryways and. physical barriers, social distancing markers and signage for queueing lines.
- Masks/facial coverings to be required except when eating or drinking.
- Increased cleaning in all areas, including a dedicated sanitization team during games/events to focus on in-event surface touch points.
- The FieldHouse has been equipped with latest HVAC technology with a control board used to "get real-time information and tweak airflow throughout the facility (including increased flow of outside air inside the arena bowl and concourses)."
- Upgraded HVAC system/air filters.
- The installation of UVC germicidal lights in the building air handler units to disinfect HVAC airstreams.
- An Infectious Disease Emergency Response Plan for handling sick spectators/employees/others during games/events.