CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The Cavs video at the top of this story was originally published on Nov. 9, 2021.
Help may be on the horizon for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the form of rookie big man Evan Mobley.
The Cavs have lost their last five games, dropping their record to 9-10 on the season, and four of those losses have come without Mobley in the lineup. He injured his right elbow in the second half of the team’s 98-92 loss to the Boston Celtics on Nov. 15. Mobley was slated to miss between two and four weeks.
According to Stadium’s Shams Charania, the team is hoping that Mobley can return to the floor this Saturday against the Orlando Magic.
This season, Mobley has been one of the best rookies in the NBA, averaging 14.6 points per game to go along with eight rebounds and 2.5 assists. The Cavaliers are 9-6 with Mobley in the lineup.
After Saturday’s game against Orlando, the Cavs head on the road for four of their next five games, starting a three-game road trip in Dallas on Monday.
- RELATED: Phoenix Suns win 14th straight, hold off Cleveland Cavaliers 120-115
- RELATED: Former Cleveland Cavaliers G Iman Shumpert wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- RELATED: Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens on WKYC Sunday night: 3 keys for the Browns to win
- RELATED: Cleveland Browns' Myles Garrett partners with United Way for 'Home for the Holidays' event
- RELATED: Cleveland Guardians officially launch new name, social media accounts
- RELATED: Cleveland City Council to hold final vote next week on its portion of $435 million Progressive Field renovation