CLEVELAND — The Cavaliers have selected USC center Evan Mobley with the No. 3 pick in Thursday's NBA Draft, and so far the reaction appears to be positive.
At the team's official 2021 NBA Draft watch party at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, cheers rose from the stands as Commissioner Adam Silver announced Mobley's name. The 20-year-old was seen by many as the favorite to be selected and one of the top players in this year's class.
We also asked fans for their opinions. Most were happy with the pick, with some even going as far as to compare him to Lakers star Anthony Davis.
On social media, the reaction was equally positive, with some of Mobley's new teammates even welcoming him to "The Land."
Check out some more tweets from fans, celebs and analysts alike!
More Cleveland Cavaliers coverage:
- Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Cleveland Cavaliers G Darius Garland promoted to Team USA for exhibition series before Olympics
- Matthew Dellavedova leaving Cleveland Cavaliers to go play in native Australia
- Kevin Love says Tokyo Olympics could signal new phase in his career
- Gregg Popovich explains why Kevin Love made Team USA
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers exploring trading up to No. 1 pick in 2021 NBA Draft