CLEVELAND — (AP) Jarrett Allen tied his career high with 26 points, grabbed 18 rebounds and blocked four shots as the Cleveland Cavaliers pulled away for a 112-96 win over Houston, extending the Rockets' losing streak to nine games.
Allen, who leads the NBA making 67.2% of his field goals, made 10 of 11 shots from the floor as Cleveland won for the second straight evening after dropping its previous 10 contests. It beat Atlanta 112-111 on Lamar Stevens' dunk with 4.1 seconds left Tuesday.
Collin Sexton added 23 points and the Cavs made 16 3-pointers shooting 44.4% from beyond the arc as a team. Rookie guard Dylan Windler hasn't missed a long-range attempt in the last two games, going 4-for-4 on Wednesday.
John Wall scored 20 points and Victor Oladipo had 17 points and six rebounds in his return from a strained right foot for Houston. However, the Rockets shot just 30.3% from 3-point distance and were out-rebounded 55-33.
The Cavaliers will have a few days to enjoy their first two-game winning streak since January before hitting the road on Saturday to take on the Philadelphia 76ers, currently the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland won the first meeting between the two teams back on Dec. 27.
- Magic Johnson praises Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton
- Cavaliers announce schedule for 2nd half of 2020-21 season
- Finalists announced for 2021 Greater Cleveland Sports Awards
- Black Light: Local graphic designer lends talents to professional sports teams, small businesses
- Does LeBron James deserve the MVP every year?