HOUSTON — Editor's note: the Locked On Cavs video in the player above is from Feb. 26, 2021.
Collin Sexton had 39 points and the Cleveland Cavaliers handed the hapless Houston Rockets their 12th straight loss with a 101-90 victory.
The Cavaliers have won four straight after losing their previous 10 games. It’s Houston’s longest losing streak since dropping 15 in a row in 2001 and the first time the Rockets have lost five straight at home since March 2006.
Cleveland had a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter before John Wall scored all of Houston's points in a 6-2 run that cut the deficit to 95-89 with 3 minutes left.
The Cavaliers scored the next four points with the help of a steal by Darius Garland to push the lead back to 10 a minute later.
Sexton has scored 22 points or more in nine straight games. Garland had 14 points and seven assists, while Cedi Osman added 11 points off the bench.
The Cavaliers will host Indiana on Wednesday.
More Cleveland Cavaliers coverage:
On Monday's episode of Locked On Cavs, Chris Manning and Evan Dammerall discuss the following:
- Full recap of the Cavs' overtime victory over the 76ers on Sunday with a focus on MVP (Collin Sexton and Darius Garland taking home the award together), play of the game and stat of the night.
- Chris and Evan dive into Kevin Love not returning until after the All-Star break and why that makes sense, even if it's a bummer
- They then debate whether or not we should think of the Cavs' differently because they've won three in a row
- Evan joins Locked on Mavericks host Nick Angstadt of Locked on Mavs and Matt Schoch of Locked on Pistons for an Andre Drummond roundtable for WFAA in Dallas. In a small preview of that show Evan, Nick, and Matt discuss why the Mavericks should be interested in trying to trade for Drummond. They then go on to discuss what went wrong in his times with Detroit and Cleveland.
- The rest of the show will cover the positives of Drummond's game and the group then discusses possible trade scenarios involving the Cleveland big man.