CLEVELAND — (AP) Damian Lillard had 32 points and nine assists and Enes Kanter had 18 points and 13 rebounds, leading the Portland Trail Blazers to their highest point total of the season and a 141-105 rout of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Lillard scored 16 in the first quarter and 14 in the third as Portland (37-29) moved within one-half game of the Mavericks and Lakers for fifth place in the Western Conference.
Kevin Love had 18 points for the Cavs (21-45), who lost their eighth straight, extending the longest active skid in the NBA. Anderson Varejao had one point and six rebounds in his first game with Cleveland since Feb. 10, 2016.
Now down to their last six games, the Cavaliers will have Thursday off before heading to Dallas Friday night to play the Mavericks.
More sports headlines:
- Josh Naylor homers in 9th as Indians edge Kansas City Royals 5-4
- MLB umpire Angel Hernandez admits he guessed on missed call in Indians-Royals game
- NFL offering vaccines, discounts and Super Bowl LVI ticket giveaways for the vaccinated
- Baker Mayfield for Aaron Rodgers? Why such trade speculation doesn't add up
- Former St. Edward standout Shaun Crawford grateful for opportunity to join Las Vegas Raiders in the NFL
- Indians name change poll results: Fans select 'Spiders' as top choice, with 'Rockers' in 2nd
- Cavaliers sign Anderson Varejao to 10-day contract
- LeBron James: 'I fueled the wrong conversation about Ma’Khia Bryant'
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft: 1 year away
- Nick Camino commentary: Indians showing they can still compete for division title