CLEVELAND — EDITOR'S NOTE: The video in the player above first aired in July, when Mobley was drafted.
Rookie Evan Mobley had 17 points and 11 rebounds to help the Cleveland Cavaliers rally for their first win of the season, 101-95 over the Atlanta Hawks.
Ricky Rubio started at point guard again in place of the injured Darius Garland and had 23 points and eight assists. Jarrett Allen collected 11 points and 14 rebounds for the Cavs (1-2), which trailed by 13 points in the second quarter.
Mobley, the No. 3 overall selection from USC, scored seven points during a 21-0 run that put Cleveland ahead 67-58 in the third.
Trae Young paced the Hawks (1-1) with 24 points and seven assists, while Cam Reddish scored 19 points off the bench. Neither team shot particularly well from the field, with Cleveland edging out Atlanta 41.6%-38.4%.
Following two straight home contests, the Cavaliers will hit the road for a five-game trip, with the first four on the west coast. The first matchup will take place Monday night against reigning NBA MVP Nikola Jokić and the Denver Nuggets.
More Cavs headlines:
- Cavaliers 2021-22 season: 3 key storylines
- Cavaliers lose to Charlotte Hornets 123-112 in home opener
- NBA announces its top 76 players in history for 75th anniversary
- NBA unveiling 75th Anniversary Team; will be honored in Cleveland at All-Star Weekend
- Cleveland sports leaders, including Dee Haslam of Cleveland Browns and Paul Dolan of Cleveland Indians, join panel on reforesting the city
- Cavaliers, Collin Sexton fail to agree on contract extension