The men's basketball teams from Morgan State and Howard University will square off on Saturday as a part of the first ever NBA All-Star Weekend HBCU Classic.
What follows is everything you need to know about Saturday's historic matchup in Cleveland:
- Date: Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022
- Time: 2 p.m. ET
- Location: Wolstein Center in Cleveland, Ohio
- TV channel: TNT, ESPN2, NBA TV
- Live Stream: Watch ESPN
What is the HBCU Classic?
Building off the success of last year's All-Star Weekend in Atlanta, the NBA and the NBA Players' Association is once again highlighting the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) community throughout the 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend in Cleveland. Those efforts will be highlighted by the first-ever HBCU Classic, a nationally televised Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference matchup between Morgan State and Howard University.
As a part of the NBA All-Star Weekend, more than $1 million will be contributed in support to the HBCU community through the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), UNCF (United Negro College Fund) and academic institutions. HBCUs will also be showcased through unique content, storytelling and special performances.
More information can be found at NBA.com.
More NBA All-Star Game coverage from WKYC:
- Cleveland Cavaliers' Evan Mobley shines as Team Barry wins NBA Rising Stars Challenge
- Watch: Magic Johnson praises Cleveland Cavaliers while speaking with Darius Garland
- NBA dedicates its 2,000th Live, Learn, or Play center at Cleveland's Cudell Recreation Center
- MLB reacts to canceled spring basebll games, what you need to know for NBA All-Star Weekend in Cleveland, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- 2022 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game: What to expect
- 'I'm just trying to have fun': Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Evan Mobley ready for national stage during NBA All-Star Weekend