BEREA, Ohio — Jackson High School grad Anthony Mazzeo had 22 points, five rebounds, and five assists as Baldwin Wallace rolled to a resounding 101-64 win over John Carroll Wednesday night.
It was the largest margin of victory for the Yellow Jackets (10-4, 5-2 OAC) this season, and the first time they've scored at least 100 points. Sophomore and Huron native Drew Wennes added 20 points, and as a team BW shot 53% from the field.
By contrast, the Blue Streaks (6-7, 1-5) made just 31% of their shot attempts and lost the rebounding battle 52-37. Hudson's David Gentry led the scoring with 12 points.
With four straight wins under their belts, Baldwin Wallace will host Wilmington Saturday afternoon in Berea. John Carroll will head back to University Heights to play Muskingum around the same time.
More sports headlines:
- Walsh women's basketball dominates Ursuline 77-48
- Malone women's basketball beats struggling Lake Erie 70-55
- Watch: Kyrie Irving fires back at heckling Cavs fan: 'I got y'all a championship'
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield provides update post-shoulder surgery: 'This is not the end of my story'
- Cleveland Heights native Travis Kelce surprised by mom following Chiefs' Wild Card win
- Darius Garland discusses building Cavaliers legacy without LeBron James
- NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland: Everything you need to know from special guests, moments, events and more