OBERLIN, Ohio — Freshman Camille Zinaich posted her first career triple-double as Oberlin dominated Hiram 86-59 Tuesday night.
The Yeowomen (10-1, 4-1 NCAC) raced out to a 25-9 first-quarter lead and never looked back, with Zinaich leading the way with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Many of those dishes went to Gina Lombardi and Sammy Spanier, who combined to score 33 points and make 9 of 16 3-pointers.
As a team, Oberlin shot 55% from behind the arc, compared to just 25% for Hiram. Avon Lake native Madison Branch had a game-high 23 points, making her the only member of the Terriers (3-10, 0-6) to reach double digits.
This was the first game for the Yeowomen since Dec. 15 due to COVID-19 concerns, and the matchup itself had originally been scheduled for Dec. 18. Oberlin will next host Denison Thursday afternoon, while Hiram will host Kenyon on Jan. 19 with no fans allowed in attendance.
More sports headlines:
- Lake Erie men's basketball goes wire-to-wire to beat Oberlin 79-67
- Report: Cavaliers promote GM Koby Altman, sign him to contract extension through 2028
- What's next for Browns heading into the offseason? 3News' sports team holds roundtable discussion
- Ohio State hires UCLA's Justin Frye as next offensive line coach
- Power ranking the 14 NFL playoff teams
- Andrew Berry expects Baker Mayfield to be Browns' starting quarterback in 2022
- Andrew Berry comments on Jarvis Landry's future with Browns