PAINESVILLE, Ohio — Five players scored in double figures and Lake Erie never trailed in a 79-67 win over Oberlin Tuesday night.
Grafton native Jonny Manning led the way with 15 points, while Jordan Burton added 12 along with nine assists. The Storm (7-4) also out-rebounded the Yeoman 37-26 and led by as many as many as 15.
Oberlin (5-8) briefly tied things up late in the first half, but fell behind again partly thanks to a lackluster showing from 3-point range (28%). Western Reserve grad Dorde Otasevic had a game-high 15 points and eight boards.
Lake Erie will next host Trevecca Nazarene Thursday afternoon in Painesville, while Oberlin will head back home to play Ohio Wesleyan that evening.
More sports headlines:
- Report: Cavaliers promote GM Koby Altman, sign him to contract extension through 2028
- What's next for Browns heading into the offseason? 3News' sports team holds roundtable discussion
- Ohio State hires UCLA's Justin Frye as next offensive line coach
- Power ranking the 14 NFL playoff teams
- Andrew Berry expects Baker Mayfield to be Browns' starting quarterback in 2022
- Olympic snowboard champion chooses 3-week quarantine over vaccine
- Andrew Berry comments on Jarvis Landry's future with Browns
- Cleveland hosting Junior Volleyball Association’s Rock ‘N Rumble this weekend
- Northeast Ohio natives Mike Doss, Gary Pinkel elected to College Football Hall of Fame