ESTERO, Fla. — Lindsey Thall scored 20 points, Casey Santoro made 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final 76 seconds and Kent State upset No. 19 UCLA 75-69 at the Gulf Coast Showcase.
The Strongsville native Thall made 7 of 9 from the field and 5 of 7 from 3-point range while Santoro finished with 14 points. The Golden Flashes will play UMass in Saturday's semifinals.
KSU (4-0) scored 12 consecutive points as the Bruins went scoreless for nearly 4 minutes to take a 70-61 lead with 56 seconds remaining. Charisma Osborne, who missed UCLA's 69-57 win over Virginia due to an ankle injury, returned to the starting lineup and scored 21 points.
The Bruins (3-1), who have been to five straight NCAA tournaments, will play South Dakota State tomorrow in the loser's bracket.
More sports headlines:
- Cleveland Guardians requiring COVID-19 vaccine for employees
- Major world sports immediately impacted by new COVID-19 variant
- 'The Ga❌e': Ohio State football releases That Tea❌ Up North trailer
- Report: Evan Mobley could return to Cleveland Cavaliers lineup Saturday
- Browns vs. Ravens on WKYC Sunday night: 3 keys for the Browns to win
- THE GAME | Everything you need to know for Saturday's Ohio State-Michigan showdown
- Michigan, Ohio governors wager sweet treats on 'Big Game'
- Tyree Appleby's buzzer-beater sends No. 23 Florida past Ohio State 71-68
- Rams, NFL agree to settle St. Louis lawsuit over team's relocation for $790 million
- Ohio State legend Eddie George among 26 semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Man's obit urges betting a bunch on the Nebraska Cornhuskers 'in lieu of flowers'