OAKLAND, Mich. — *EDITOR'S NOTE: The above video is from last spring.
Jamal Cain and Micah Parrish scored 20 points apiece as Oakland got past Cleveland State 65-57 in Saturday's regular-season finale. Parrish also had eight rebounds.
Jalen Moore had 16 points for Oakland (19-11, 12-7 Horizon League).
Torrey Patton had 15 points for the Vikings (19-9, 15-6). Deante Johnson added 15 points and 14 rebounds. D'Moi Hodge had six rebounds.
The Golden Grizzlies improve to 2-0 against the Vikings for the season. Oakland defeated CSU 70-65 on Jan. 13.
Despite ending the season on a two-game losing streak, Cleveland State still earned a share of its second straight Horizon League championship and will be the No. 1 seed in next week's conference tournament. The Vikings will get a first-round bye before hosting the lowest-remaining seed in Thursday night's quarterfinals at the Wolstein Center.
More sports headlines:
- Lauri Markkanen scores 23, Cavaliers rally past Washington Wizards 92-86
- Browns DE Myles Garrett shows support for teammate Baker Mayfield
- Cavaliers PG Rajon Rondo to miss two weeks with toe sprain
- Cavaliers PG Darius Garland dealing with bone bruise in back
- Tom Brady to the Niners? Is there a possibility?
- Browns announce coaching staff changes; Callie Brownson named assistant wide receivers coach
- F1 race, Champions League final pulled from Russia after Ukraine invasion