CLEVELAND — Hailey Oskey scored 26 points and had five steals and Green Bay withstood a late rally to hold off Cleveland State 66-64 Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
The Phoenix (19-6, 15-4 Horizon League) led by as many as 17 in the fourth quarter before the Vikings closed the gap to one with a 19-3 spurt. Still down just two with nine seconds left, Green Bay's Cassie Schiltz missed a pair of free throws, but Deja Williams missed a potential game-winning 3 as time expired.
Willowick native Destiny Leo finished with a game-high 27 points. CSU (19-7, 14-6) saw its four-game winning streak come to an end.
With the loss, Cleveland State finishes the season tied for fourth in the Horizon League and will be the No. 4 seed in next week's Horizon League tournament. They still get a first-round bye, and will host the bracket's highest-remaining seed Thursday afternoon back at the Wolstein Center.
More sports headlines:
- Cleveland State men's basketball falls to Oakland 65-57, finishes regular season at 19-9
- Lauri Markkanen scores 23, Cavaliers rally past Washington Wizards 92-86
- Browns DE Myles Garrett shows support for teammate Baker Mayfield
- Cavaliers PG Rajon Rondo to miss two weeks with toe sprain
- Cavaliers PG Darius Garland dealing with bone bruise in back