CLEVELAND — *EDITOR'S NOTE: The above video is from May of 2021.
Tre Gomillion had a season-high 21 points as Cleveland State extended its home win streak to eight games, defeating Purdue Fort Wayne 65-58.
CSU played just its second game Dec. 14 due to COVID-19 cancellations, and never trailed after Torrey Patton put them ahead with a layup with 9:17 to play. Patton finished with 11 points and a game-high 10 rebounds while Beachwood native Jayson Woodrich scored 12 off the bench for the Vikings (8-3, 4-0 Horizon League).
Jarred Godfrey led PFW (5-7, 1-2) on Wednesday night with 18 points. The Mastodons shot just 39% from the field in the second half, compared to 54% for the Vikes.
Still tied for first in the conference, Cleveland State now hits the road to take on Robert Morris Friday night.
More sports headlines:
- Hey Jimmy: Answering your post-Steelers Cleveland Browns questions with Jim Donovan
- WATCH: Cavaliers F Kevin Love stops in his tracks to sign autograph for young fan
- AT&T Stadium among possible Super Bowl LVI replacement venue options
- Myles Garrett named Browns' Player of the Year; co-recipient of 'Good Guy' award with Joel Bitonio
- Rajon Rondo calls opportunity with Cavaliers 'dream come true'
- Browns QB Case Keenum says it was a 'small miracle' Baker Mayfield could play some weeks