PEPPER PIKE, Ohio — Sha Carter had game-highs with 23 points and nine rebounds as Walsh thundered past Ursuline 77-48 Wednesday evening.
It was the second straight meeting between the two Great Midwest Athletic Conference rivals, with the Cavaliers (13-3, 8-2 G-MAC) also prevailing 77-69 Monday in North Canton. Hiland High School alum Morgan McMillen added 15 points on five 3-pointers to help her team to its fifth straight win.
Lake County native Michaela Cloonan had 18 points to lead the Arrows (8-8, 5-6), who shot just 32% from the field compared to 55% for Walsh. The Cavs also won the rebounding battle 44-20 and never trailed after being down 3-2 just over a minute into the game.
Walsh is now tied for second in the G-MAC behind nationally ranked Ashland. They'll host Lake Erie Saturday afternoon, while Ursuline will travel to Malone at the same time.
More sports headlines:
- Watch | Kyrie Irving fires back at heckling Cavs fan: 'I got y'all a championship'
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield provides update post-shoulder surgery: 'This is not the end of my story'
- Cleveland Heights native Travis Kelce surprised by mom following Chiefs' Wild Card win
- Darius Garland discusses building Cavaliers legacy without LeBron James
- NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland: Everything you need to know from special guests, moments, events and more