CLEVELAND — A new season of Cleveland Browns football means a new season of "After Further Review" each Monday with Jay Crawford and yours truly.
There was a lot to dig through in the Browns' 33-29 loss to the Chiefs at Arrowhead from Sunday. While Kevin Stefanski's team came up short again against Kansas City, you do sense that the gap between the two squads is getting closer.
In the end, the game really came down to second half mistakes by each of the Browns' units:
- Nick Chubb's fumble
- John Johnson III losing sight of Tyreek Hill on what turned out to be a 75-yard touchdown
- Jamie Gillen dropping a punt snap
- Baker Mayfield's interception at the end on an attempted throwaway
Those are things the Browns can clean up between now and a potential playoff rematch against the Chiefs.
Meanwhile, here are some of the other topics that Jay and I discussed during Monday's show:
- The impact of Jedrick Wills' injury and not having Odell Beckham Jr. in the lineup.
- Did the officials get it wrong on the Ronnie Harrison confrontation with the Kansas City assistant coach?
- The challenge of expectations on Baker Mayfield in a game-winning drive as he also looks ahead toward a contract extension.
- The Browns will finally be home in front of a full stadium this Sunday against Houston.
You can watch After Further Review in the player above or below:
More Browns Coverage:
- 'Tough lessons are learned in bitter defeats': 3News' Jay Crawford on Cleveland Browns' loss to Kansas City Chiefs
- JIMMY'S TAKE: Cleveland Browns' opening loss 'a tough one to take,' but there's still plenty of hope
- 'it's gonna be a fun year': Social media reaction to Cleveland Browns' season-opening loss