CLEVELAND — The Browns are on the doorstep of clinching their first postseason appearance since 2002 after beating the Giants on Sunday night by a 20-6 score to move to 10-4.
Baker Mayfield continues to play at a high level, as he completed 27 of 32 passes for 297 yards and two touchdowns. Mayfield engineered a pair of touchdown drives of 95 yards in the game as he was in firm control throughout the game.
Defensively, the Browns mostly went with a 'bend, but don't break' mentality against the Giants. They allowed Colt McCoy and company to gain yards, but kept them out of the end zone.
We talked about the win at Met Life Stadium on After Further Review with Jay Crawford. We also looked at the remaining path to the playoffs in these final two weeks. Ben Axelrod laid out the scenarios in this story.
Here were some of the other topics Jay and I discussed on the show:
- Head-scratching decisions by the Giants in the red zone
- Bill Callahan's impact on the Browns offensive line
- Should the Browns sit Myles Garrett down as he recovers from COVID-19?
- The chase for the playoffs is a new experience for many Browns fans
- Baker Mayfield may be part of a new generation of elite quarterbacks in the NFL
You can watch the show in the video player below or at the top of the article:
More Browns links: