CLEVELAND — With the holiday season in full gear, Tuesday marked the first day of the Cleveland Browns' annual "10 Days of Giving" as part of the "Browns Give Back" initiative.
"10 Days of Giving" will take place from Dec. 6 through Dec. 15. Players, coaches and front office staff will all participate in various community events and make contributions to "fulfill the team’s yearlong commitment to promoting education, youth football and social justice, as well as inspiring others through the signature First and Ten volunteering movement."
According to the Browns organization, an emphasis on chronic absenteeism throughout Ohio is a focus of the events though the "Stay in the Game! Keep Learning, Every Day" Network. The network enhances youth and high school football, encourages participation and improves access to the sport throughout the state.
Below are the list of event dates and times as provided by the Cleveland Browns organization.
10 Days of Giving:
Day 1 - Tuesday, Dec. 6
- Browns Walter Payton Man of the Year, presented by Nationwide, honoree – Pro Bowl G Joel Bitonio
- Stay in the Game! Network visit to Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s Franklin D. Roosevelt Academy with Arby’s Foundation, which will present a $110,000 grant to the Network
- Through their partnership with the Browns, Sugardale will be donating $5,000 of holiday hams and other items to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank.
Day 2 - Wednesday, Dec. 7
- JumpStart: Small Business Impact Showcase (5:30 p.m., Kardiac Club, FirstEnergy Stadium)
Day 3 - Thursday, Dec. 8
- Cleveland Browns Marion Motley Scholarship
Day 4 - Friday, Dec. 9
- Rainbow Radiothon at University Hospitals
- For more information, visit https://www.uhgiving.org/ways-to-fundraise/uh-events/rainbow-radiothon
Day 5 - Saturday, Dec. 10
- Browns Give Back Youth Football donation announcement
Day 6 - Sunday, Dec. 11
- Browns Give Back Youth Football highlights 2022 High School Coach of the Year nominees
Day 7 - Monday, Dec. 12
- Pro Bowl G Joel Bitonio hosts Shop with a Pro event at Meijer in Avon
Day 8 - Tuesday, Dec. 13
- Providence House’s 27th Annual Deck the House
- For more information, visit https://www.provhouse.org/events/2022/12/13/deck-the-house-2022
Day 9 - Wednesday, Dec. 14
- Cleveland Browns Inspire Change: Changemakers Award
Day 10 - Thursday., Dec. 15
- First and Ten Grants announcement
More information can be found at www.clevelandbrowns.com/brownsgiveback.
Editor's note: The video above is from a previous story on the Cleveland Browns' philanthropic efforts in Cleveland.