CLEVELAND — The last week of February seems a bit early to start projecting what the 2021 NFL season may look like, but don't tell that to oddsmakers at the offshore sportsbook BetOnline.ag.
On Friday, BetOnline posted early odds looking at every division in the NFL, including the AFC North. Despite the Browns' remarkable turnaround under first-year head coach Kevin Stefanski with an 11-5 regular season record and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, oddsmakers still favor the Baltimore Ravens to win the AFC North next season.
The odds go as follows for the division:
- Ravens +125
- Browns +200
- Steelers +260
- Bengals +1800
With these odds, the Browns are listed as 2-to-1, meaning a $100 wager on Cleveland to win the AFC North would net $200. The Ravens are currently at 5-to-4, followed by the Steelers at 13-to-5 and the Cincinnati Bengals 18-to-1.
Pittsburgh won the division in 2020 with a record of 12-4, while Cleveland and Baltimore finished 11-5. The Bengals ended the season at 4-11-1, dead last for the third year in a row.
More Browns headlines:
- 'Send the papers': Wide receiver Rashard 'Hollywood' Higgins wants to stay with Browns
- ESPN ranks Baker Mayfield as No. 1 college quarterback of 2000s
- 'Voice of the Browns' Jim Donovan sits down for discussion with quarterbacks Baker Mayfield, Bernie Kosar, and Tim Couch
- Social media speculates about free agency clues in J.J. Watt's tweet
- Report: Salary cap concerns could make Browns more likely to trade Odell Beckham Jr.
- Ex-Browns tight end Kellen Winslow II will be sentenced to 14 years in prison for multiple sexual assaults