BEREA, Ohio — For the second straight day, a member of the Browns has tested positive for COVID-19.
The team announced Thursday morning that another player has indeed contracted the coronavirus, and that contact tracing is currently under way to identify those who may have been exposed. For the moment, the club has again closed its practice facility in Berea, with all meetings taking place remotely just three days before the next game.
Click here for the latest Browns stories from 3News
"The team will continue to consult with the league and medical experts on the appropriate next steps as the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff and the entire community remains our highest priority," the organization said in a statement.
It is unknown at this time who the infected player is, as the NFL is not allowed to officially name individuals as being positive for the virus. However, there are currently four players on the Browns' reserve/COVID-19 list. While the list is for those who have both been infected as well as only exposed, it is currently presumed at least three of them--Myles Garrett, Andy Janovich, and Sione Takitaki--actually have the virus. Joe Jackson is also on the list, but his exact health status is unknown, for the team did not announce that there had been a new positive test prior to Jackson's name being released.
Takitaki was the most recent player to apparently test positive prior to todayprior to today, and he, Garrett, Jackson, and Janovich have officially been ruled out for Sunday's contest against the Jacksonville Jaguars. In more optimistic news, Chris Hubbard was activated from the list Thursday after he reportedly tested positive less than two weeks ago.
"When we are in the building, we are very safe," Stefanski said yesterday. "When we are out of the building, you have to be safe. When you leave our bubble, obviously, you have to make great decisions, and I think the guys understand that."