CLEVELAND — Staring down the barrel of six potential picks on day three of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns decided to make Oklahoma DT and 2022 Senior Bowl MVP Perrion Winfrey the 108th overall pick.
Everyone reacts differently to seeing their dream come true before their very eyes. Whether they are projected to be one of the top picks in their draft class and in the greenroom behind the stage, or are home with their family hoping to hear their name before the numbers run out, emotions run high.
Winfrey was no exception after Browns GM Andrew Berry and Head Coach Kevin Stefanski called the DT to let him know his dream of being an NFL player would come true in Cleveland, Ohio.
Winfrey certainly won't lack for energy and confidence. That was even more apparent after his selection when on a Zoom interview call, he answered a question in a way that will endear himself to Browns fans before he puts a jersey on for the first time.
Winfrey performed his best Dawg Pound bark on Instagram Live, and told reports how he was "ready to kill" alongside Myles Garrett in a video press conference, to name a couple of things that are already catching the eyes of excited Browns fans.
The Browns acquired the 108th pick Friday in a deal with the Houston Texans.
Cleveland went on to make selections in all of their remaining picks in a bit of a surprise move after many speculated Friday's trade out of the second round would provide the Browns with enough ammunition to trade for future picks or a trade up to target a particular player of interest.
Here is the full list of rookies the Cleveland Browns added over the 2022 NFL Draft:
- 3rd round (68th overall): Martin Emerson - CB, Mississippi State
- 3rd round (78th overall): Alex Wright - EDGE, UAB
- 3rd round (99th overall): David Bell - WR, Purdue
- 4th round (108th overall): Perrion Winfrey - DT, Oklahoma
- 4th round (124th overall): Cade York - K, LSU
- 5th round (156th overall): Jerome Ford - RB, Cincinnati
- 6th round (202nd overall): Michael Woods II - WR, Oklahoma
- 7th round (223rd overall): Isaiah Thomas - EDGE, Oklahoma
Editor's note: The video above is from the Cleveland Browns official post-draft press conference