INGLEWOOD, Calif. — The Browns will come home from Hollywood with some soul searching to do following a rough 47-42 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.
It was an entertaining game throughout, and Cleveland's offensive stars turned in some amazing performance. But the defense — already hampered by injuries — could not contain Justin Herbert and the Chargers, who seemed to move the ball effortlessly late.
There has been plenty of blame to go around, from the defense to play-calling to Odell Beckham Jr., who caught just two passes and had a devastating drop on a fourth-down play. Baker Mayfield even tore into the officials in his postgame press conference, and there were indeed several questionable calls that went against the Browns in the fourth quarter.
All of those factors were in the crosshairs of social media after the final whistle. Here are some of the top reactions we found online.
More from Facebook:
- Frank Palagyi: "Where was Chubb on that last series?!"
- Rose Charmagne Knox: "I have a feeling it's going to be a long season with more close, nail biting games… hopefully we're on the winning side more than not"
- Ken Brickman: "What a great game! Browns had a strong team to battle with. Had weaknesses in every area coaches an players have been talking about for weeks. Still weird to see a competitive team in Cleveland as Cleveland Browns."
- Matt Chambers: "This must be said but Baker Mayfield is not a franchise QB"
- Mike Hanna: "When you give up 47 points it's never the refs fault."
- Diane Lloyd: "Great game by both teams, enjoyed watching this game."