CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Browns made a huge free agency splash on Wednesday, signing defensive end Jadeveon Clowney to a one-year contract. The three-time Pro Bowler will team up with Myles Garrett to form a formidable pass rushing combination this fall.
As Ben Axelrod noted in his profile of Clowney, the 28-year-old has totaled just three sacks in each of the past two seasons and only appeared in eight games during an injury plagued season with the Tennessee Titans in 2020. Regardless of his health issues, Clowney graded as Pro Football Focus’ No. 19 edge defender last season and is considered one of the top run defenders at his position.
So how is social media reacting to the news of Clowney coming to Cleveland? Let's start our look with how the Browns themselves are celebrating the high-profile signing.
How about Baker Mayfield? The signing of Clowney comes on the Browns QB's birthday.
Meanwhile, here's how the signing is being viewed by members of the media.
And finally, here's what you had to say!
- Cleveland Browns sign DE Jadeveon Clowney
- Baker Mayfield reacts to Jadeveon Clowney signing with Browns: 'Happy birthday to me'
- Browns RB Nick Chubb's 'Chubb Crunch' cereal to hit shelves this fall
- Kings of Leon to perform at first night of 2021 NFL Draft; Ann Wilson to sing National Anthem
- 2021 NFL Draft stage in Cleveland begins to take shape; reservations on NFL OnePass app running out
- NFL's '100 Yards of Hope' documentary to premiere at Greater Cleveland Aquarium ahead of 2021 NFL Draft