CLEVELAND — Happy playoff victory Monday!
The Cleveland Browns are advancing to the second round of the NFL playoffs after stunning the Pittsburgh Steelers 48-37 on Sunday night.
Playing short-handed and without their head coach Kevin Stefanski, the Browns' victory at Heinz Field will go down as one of the greatest wins in team history. The Browns won a playoff game for the first time since 1994. It was also the first road playoff victory for the franchise since 1969.
Jay Crawford joined me for a look back at the Wild Card victory in Pittsburgh and a look ahead to next Sunday's AFC Divisional Playoff in Kansas City in the latest episode of 'After Further Review.'
Among some of the highlights of our conversation were:
- 'Squashing a narrative,' as Jay put it, as the Browns finally were able to to beat their 'big brother' after years of being rolled by Ben Roethlisberger and company.
- The reversal of fortune on the game's first play.
- Even though he wasn't in the building, the game plan was all Kevin Stefanski.
- Sorry about it, JuJu Smith-Schuster.
- The Xs and Os behind the most important play of the night for the Browns.
- What will the approach for the Browns be against Kansas City?
In addition, we also had a quick preview of Monday night's College Football Playoff title game as Ohio State will take on Alabama. Can the Buckeyes pull off the upset?
You can watch After Further Review in the player below:
More Browns coverage:
- 'Kansas City Here We Come': Fans, celebrities react to Cleveland Browns' playoff win over Pittsburgh Steelers
- Same old Cleveland Browns? Not anymore! New playoff victory shirt from GV Art and Design trolls Pittsburgh Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster
- JIMMY'S TAKE: Cleveland Browns' playoff triumph over Pittsburgh Steelers is 'maybe one of the greatest wins in franchise history'
- America's team: Hey, Cleveland Browns fans! Tell us how you're feeling today
- Browns' Baker Mayfield trolls Colin Cowherd after playoff win