CLEVELAND — After a disappointing 8-9 season from the Cleveland Browns, there are no shortage of key storylines to consider. Why did things turn out so poorly for a team that had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations? And what's next as we head into a critical offseason?
To get some of those questions answered, we put together members of our 3News sports team that covers the Browns for an end-of-the-season roundtable. Dave "Dino" DeNatale was joined by digital sports reporters Ben Axelrod and Tyler Carey, along with 3News weekend sports anchor Nick Camino, for an in-depth discussion on the state of the Browns.
Among the topics we tackled on the roundtable:
- What were the key takeaways from Browns GM Andrew Berry's season-ending press conference?
- Why did things go so wrong for the Browns this season?
- Do we know after four years if Baker Mayfield is a franchise quarterback? And if he's not, who might be out there if the Browns desire to make a change?
- Should Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski relinquish offensive play-calling duties?
- Key offseason decisions the Browns will need to make.
You can watch our roundtable show in the player above or below.
More Browns Coverage:
- Everything Cleveland Browns GM Andrew Berry said about Baker Mayfield on Tuesday: Transcript
- Andrew Berry comments on Jarvis Landry's future with Cleveland Browns
- Andrew Berry expects Baker Mayfield to be Cleveland Browns' starting quarterback in 2022
- 3 Things About the Browns: Jim Donovan, Stephanie Haney wrap up 2021 season
- Mike Polk Jr. recaps the Cleveland Browns season