There are nearly 300 aspiring professional football players working out for and meeting with decision-makers from teams across the league at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine, and it was time to take the field and display their skills at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
After speaking with the media, going through medical examines and measurements, undergoing psychological testing and interviews with teams, the athletes will participate in the 40-yard dash, bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, three-cone drill and shuttle runs, as well as position-specific on-field tests.
The Combine workouts officially got underway with the special-teams players, offensive linemen and running backs on Friday.
Here is a look back at the top-performing running backs at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine:
1. Nyheim Hines (NC State) 4.38 seconds
2. Saquon Barkley (Penn State) 4.40 seconds
3. Kalen Ballage (Arizona State) 4.46 seconds
4. Rashaad Penny (San Diego State) 4.46 seconds
5. Derrius Guice (LSU) 4.49 seconds
1. Nick Chubb (Georgia) 29 repetitions
2. Saquon Barkley (Penn State) 29 repetitions
3. Chris Warren (Texas) 25 repetitions
4. Lavon Coleman (Washington) 23 repetitions
T5. Sony Michel (Georgia) 22 repetitions
T5. Darrel Williams (LSU) 22 repetitions
T5. Kamryn Pettway (Auburn) 22 repetitions
1. Saquon Barkley (Penn State) 41.0 inches
2. Kerryon Johnson (Auburn) 40.0 inches
3. Bo Scarbrough (Alabama) 40.0 inches
4. Nick Chubb (Georgia) 38.5 inches
5. Justin Jackson (Northwestern) 38.5 inches
PHOTOS: Running backs go through drills at 2018 NFL Scouting Combine
1. Bo Scarbrough (Alabama) 129.0 inches
2. Nick Chubb (Georgia) 128.0 inches
3. Kerryon Johnson (Auburn) 126.0 inches
4. Roc Thomas (Jacksonville State) 125.0 inches
T5. Kyle Hicks (TCU) 122.0 inches
T5. Chase Edmonds (Fordham) 122.0 inches
T5. Kalen Ballage (Arizona State) 122.0 inches
T5. Ryan Nall (Oregon State) 122.0 inches
T5. Justin Crawford (West Virginia) 122.0 inches
T5. Justin Jackson (Northwestern) 122.0 inches
Times and Numbers were reported by NFL.com.