TOKYO, Japan — Editor's note: Video in the player above features a recap of the main events from the Tokyo Olympics for July 30.
Duke Ragan, a boxer from Cincinnati, has guaranteed himself a medal at the Tokyo Olympics as he advances to the semifinals in the men’s featherweight.
It comes after he beat Kurt Walker of Ireland in a 3-2 split decision during the quarterfinal match Saturday. See a replay of Saturday night’s match HERE.
Ragan now moves on to face Samuel Takyi of Ghana in the semifinals at 10:30 p.m. Monday EST.
Here are the results from his previous fights in the Tokyo Olympics:
- July 23: Ragan defeats Samuel Kistohurry of France 3-2 in the Round of 32. Watch highlights of this matchup HERE.
- July 27: Ragan defeats Serik Temirzhanov of Kazakhstan 5-0 in the Round of 16.
- July 31: Ragan defeats Kurt Walker of Ireland 3-2 in the quarterfinals.
Another Ohio boxer, Oshae Jones of Toledo, has also secured herself a medal. She fights in the semifinals of the women’s Welterweight Division at 1:48 a.m. Wednesday (EST).
- RELATED: Toledo boxer Oshae Jones secures medal with another win in Tokyo Olympics: See when she's fighting next
- RELATED: Olympian Oshae Jones inspiring golden mentality for young boxers back home in Toledo
- RELATED: Cleveland boxer Delante ‘Tiger’ Johnson falls to Roniel Iglesias of Cuba in quarterfinals at Tokyo Olympics
- RELATED: All the medals the US has won so far at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- RELATED: Cleveland native Lee Kiefer makes history with gold medal win in fencing at Tokyo Olympics