TOKYO, Japan — Just a few days into the Tokyo Olympics and athletes from Northeast Ohio are already proving that they deserve all the support that the Buckeye State, and the country in general, have to offer. While the athletes need your support and applause to give their best performance, it wouldn't hurt to follow them on social media as well to let them know that they are being cheered on back at home.
That's why we at WKYC compiled a list of Instagram and Twitter accounts for you to follow to keep up with our local athletes as they set their sights on gold in Japan.
From a brand new gold medalist in fencing to a boxer looking to bring it all home this year, you can find all of the Northeast Ohio athletes in the list below.
Connect with our Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes on social media:
- Adelaide Aquilla - Track and Field (shot put)
- Hunter Armstrong - Swimming (100m backstroke) (eliminated)
- Nick Bruce - Cycling (BMX Freestyle)
- Carlin Isles - Rugby (Sevens)
- Delante "Tiger" Johnson - Boxing (Welterweight)
- Katie Nageotte - Track and Field (Pole Vault)
- Reggie Jagers - Track and Field (Discus)
- Clayton Murphy - Track and Field (800m)
- Jacob Wukie - Archery
- Lee Kiefer - Fencing (Foil) (Tokyo 2020 Gold medal winner)
- Matt Ludwig - Track and Field (Pole Vault) (alternate)
Looking for more info? To keep you up to speed on the who, what, and when for how to cheer on your hometown competitors, 3News' Dave "Dino" DeNatale breaks down the Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes to watch, on this week's 3 Things To Know with Stephanie Haney podcast. You can watch the newest episode in the player below.
MORE NORTHEAST OHIO OLYMPICS COVERAGE: