MANSFIELD, Ohio — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
Snow Trails in Mansfield is getting ready for its 61st winter season, with tonight marking a big occasion. The skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing resort will begin its snowmaking process tonight at 9 p.m.
“We’re especially thankful during this Thanksgiving week to have what will be our first pre-season snowmaking opportunity tonight, if temperatures play-out as forecasted,” said Nate Wolleson, the marketing manager for Snow Trails.
The goal for the snowmaking process is to produce a massive amount of snow so that a deep snow base is spread across the slopes. The process will need to be repeated throughout the week and throughout the weeks to come, depending on the temperatures of the air. Due to this, opening day at Snow Trails has not yet been decided. Once it is known, an announcement will be made on the Snow Trails website.
Aside from making snow, Snow Trails is also looking to make the job market a little better for those in search of seasonal work. It is currently interviewing candidates for winter employment and is still accepting resumes for all departments. Each winter, Snow Trails typically provides up to 500 jobs. Those interested may visit SnowTrails.com/employment to learn more.
More Outdoors stories from WKYC:
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park ranks among the top 10 most visited national parks in the U.S.
- Show us something good: Parma police detective takes his dogs out on jet ski
- California woman discovers 4.38-carat diamond at Arkansas state park, largest find of the year
- Cleveland Boat Show set to return to the I-X Center in January 2022
- Ohio Department of Agriculture: Invasive Spotted Lanternfly seen in Cuyahoga County
- Jump in for a swim! 'Good' water quality reported at Lake Erie beaches ahead of hot weekend