CLEVELAND — The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics are underway, and there are quite a few Northeast Ohio athletes competing for gold medals in Japan.
To keep you up to speed on the who, what, and when for how to cheer on your hometown competitors, 3News' Dave "Dino" DeNatale breaks down the Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes to watch, on this week's 3 Things To Know with Stephanie Haney podcast.
Plus, I share why wkyc.com/Olympics is the destination you Need To Know in NEO to catch all of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics action, and how you can connect with each athlete featured in this week's podcast, because each one is A Good Follow across social media platforms. (I took the liberty of making a Twitter list of each athlete, which you can follow here, or scroll down for links to individual athlete accounts on Twitter and Instagram.)
Listen here on Spotify, or scroll down for the video version and for links to listen on your favorite podcast platform
Connect with our Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes on social media:
- Adelaide Aquilla - Track and Field (shot put)
- Hunter Armstrong - Swimming (100m backstroke) (eliminated)
- Nick Bruce - Cycling (BMX Freestyle)
- Carlin Isles - Rugby (Sevens)
- Delante "Tiger" Johnson - Boxing (Welterweight)
- Katie Nageotte - Track and Field (Pole Vault)
- Reggie Jagers - Track and Field (Discus)
- Clayton Murphy - Track and Field (800m)
- Jacob Wukie - Archery
- Lee Kiefer - Fencing (Foil) (Tokyo 2020 Gold medal winner)
- Matt Ludwig - Track and Field (Pole Vault) (alternate)
Listen to my full conversation with Dino about six of our Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes on the 3 Things to Know with Stephanie Haney podcast on your favorite podcast platform, at these links:
If you enjoy the show, remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform, leave a rating and review, and share it with your friends to help us connect with more people in Northeast Ohio.'
Check out more episodes of the 3 Things to Know with Stephanie Haney podcast at the links below.
RELATED: The history of the Cleveland Indians name, pushes for change, and support for new options with Mark Naymik: 3 Things to Know with Stephanie Haney