CLEVELAND — St. Ignatius senior Nathan Kuczmarski's documentary focusing on how the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969 led to the passing of the Clean Water Act captured a pair of awards in the C-SPAN Student Cam 2022 documentary film contest.
The short-form documentary, "Dream of Clean Water," won the "Fan Favorite Award" after earning more than 2,500 online votes. Kuczmarski netted $500 in prize money. "Dream of Clean Water" took second place in the overall competition, earning Nathan an additional $1,500.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top local and national headlines sent to your email inbox each weekday morning with the 3News to GO! newsletter
C-SPAN television networks will broadcast all the prize-winning documentaries throughout the day in April. "Dream of Clean Water" is scheduled to air on C-SPAN on Friday, April 8, at 6:50 AM and throughout the day. You can also watch it by clicking here.
Want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? Download the free WKYC app today: Android, Apple.
- Planet CLE | St. Ignatius student's documentary on Cuyahoga River and Clean Water Act is finalist for C-SPAN award
- It's not easy being green: Cleveland ranks among the least environmentally-friendly cities in U.S., according to study
- Cleveland Metroparks celebrates 50 years of Earth Day
- 50 years after catching on fire, the Cuyahoga River has become a recreation destination
- Leon Bibb Reports | The Cuyahoga River's road to redemption
- Greta Thunberg docuseries amplifies climate change fight she says will be her life's mission