CLEVELAND — St. Ignatius senior Nathan Kuczmarski's documentary focusing on how the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969 led to the passing of the Clean Water Act captured a pair of awards in the C-SPAN Student Cam 2022 documentary film contest.
The short-form documentary, "Dream of Clean Water," won the "Fan Favorite Award" after earning more than 2,500 online votes. Kuczmarski netted $500 in prize money. "Dream of Clean Water" took second place in the overall competition, earning Nathan an additional $1,500.
C-SPAN television networks will broadcast all the prize-winning documentaries throughout the day in April. "Dream of Clean Water" is scheduled to air on C-SPAN on Friday, April 8, at 6:50 AM and throughout the day. You can also watch it by clicking here.
- Planet CLE | St. Ignatius student's documentary on Cuyahoga River and Clean Water Act is finalist for C-SPAN award
- It's not easy being green: Cleveland ranks among the least environmentally-friendly cities in U.S., according to study
- Cleveland Metroparks celebrates 50 years of Earth Day
- 50 years after catching on fire, the Cuyahoga River has become a recreation destination
- Leon Bibb Reports | The Cuyahoga River's road to redemption
- Greta Thunberg docuseries amplifies climate change fight she says will be her life's mission