SOLON, Ohio — Drivers making their way through Solon are facing a temporary detour early Tuesday morning as crews have closed Aurora Road between Liberty and Portz Parkway.
Solon fire officials tell 3News the closure comes after a garbage truck caught fire in the area. Some power lines were also impacted. Another garbage truck has been called to the scene with crews also working to de-ice the roadway.
3News’ Danielle Wiggins suggests taking Bainbridge or Pettibone roads as a good detour option.
No estimate was provided on how long the roadway will remain closed and no other additional details were immediately available. Stay with 3News as we will update this story once more information is released.
- Driver extricated after truck crashes through concrete divider on Route 2 West in Wickliffe
- Traffic on I-90 East reopens after crash in Euclid
- Police pull pilot from plane moments before train crash
- Virginia officials defend response to snowy gridlock on I-95
- Tesla recalling nearly half a million Model 3, Model S cars
- Dog found loose on New Hampshire interstate leads police to owner's crashed truck
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated article on July 8, 2021.