Authorities say it was shortly before 11 p.m. when troopers responded to the scene on Hayden and Mayfair avenues.
Upon their arrival, investigators found a 2019 Kia Sorento struck a curb and went off the right side of the roadway after failing "to negotiate a curve at Doan Avenue."
"The Sorento struck a concrete island, sideswiped a pole, struck a second pole, spun and struck a third pole, coming to final rest near Mayfair Avenue," authorities said in a press release.
The driver, who was identified as Rashawn Campbell of East Cleveland, later died at a local hospital.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol was assisted at the scene by the East Cleveland Police Department.
The incident remains under investigation. No additional details were immediately available.
- RELATED: Crashes close portion of I-71 in Medina County & I-77 in Summit County
- RELATED: Tesla 'full self-driving' vehicles can't drive themselves
- RELATED: Summit County deputies investigating after woman struck by car in Green
- RELATED: Deadly wrong-way crash closed portion of Route 8 South for hours in Summit County
- RELATED: Car slams into Canton Township house
- RELATED: Volkswagen recalls Jettas to fix fuel leaks that can cause fires
- RELATED: Ford recalls more than 700K vehicles; backup cameras can go dark
- RELATED: Vrooman Road bridge opens after years of construction