AMHERST, Ohio — A portion of the Ohio Turnpike was closed following an accident in Lorain County Wednesday night.
The roadway has since reopened.
Officials say the incident occurred Wednesday evening near the Interstate 90 interchange near Amherst, where two large trucks were involved in a crash. The Ohio Department of Transportation reports both vehicles became fully engulfed in flames and went off either side of the highway, and that one of the trucks was apparently hauling "a resin solution, or glue," which accelerated the fire.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
No one was hurt in the crash. The cause of the incident remains under investigation.
- Father speaks out after 13-year-old son allegedly assaulted by classmates at Cleveland school
- Russia cutting off natural gas to Poland and Bulgaria could have widespread impacts
- Oberlin High School's Kurt Russell honored as National Teacher of the Year during White House ceremony
- Ohio Senate introduces bill abolishing personal income tax in 10 years
- Solon High School senior develops iPhone candle app to observe Yom HaShoah and for people of all faiths to participate in Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Freeze Warning issued across Northeast Ohio: How long this cold snap will last
- Cleveland Browns name Nathan Zegura as radio color analyst, Je'rod Cherry as sideline reporter