MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio — After it was closed for several hours this morning, the Medina County Sheriff's Office says I-71 South "is open but restricted" following a semi crash just south of I-76.
ODOT also provided an update at 12:17 p.m. to say the left two lanes of I-71 South are now open, but "crews are still working in the right lane cleaning up debris."
Drivers are asked to use caution while driving through the area.
All lanes of I-71 South had been closed as a result of the crash, which happened shortly before 7 a.m.
ODOT said traffic was being detoured by using 224 West to 421 South to 83 South and back to I-71.
This incident came as snow moves through Northeast Ohio, causing some slippery road conditions throughout the region.
You can follow the latest weather details, traffic conditions and lots more with real-time updates HERE.
Some important resources for you during this wintry weather:
- LIST: iAlert school closings and delays
- INTERACTIVE RADAR: Track the storm
- FORECAST: See the extended weather outlook for Northeast Ohio
- PICS & VIDEOS: Here's how to send us your weather photos / videos
- UPDATES: Download the free 3News app (Apple / Android) to follow the latest weather updates.
Editor's note: Video in the player above features team weather coverage for Jan. 25, 2023.