CLEVELAND — Drivers encountered an unexpected detour early Thursday morning as a crash closed I-90 East at East 185th Street.
The roadway was closed for several hours.
A 2020 Nissan Altima was traveling westbound in the eastbound lanes of I-90 at about 2:15 a.m. when it struck a semi truck, operated by a 39-year-old woman.
Cleveland police say the driver of the Altima, a 27-year-old woman, was ejected in the two-vehicle crash. She was taken to University Hospitals for injuries to the head and multiple fractures and is in critical condition. The driver of the truck reported no injuries.
We're also told some oil spilled onto the roadway as a result of the crash. The Cleveland Divsion of Police says the incident remains under investigation.
An ODOT camera captured the crash on video, which you can see in the player below. Warning: Some viewers may find the video disturbing:
We streamed live video from the scene of the crash, which you can watch again in the video below:
3News’ Danielle Wiggins is always tracking the traffic throughout Northeast Ohio, so be sure to follow her for the latest updates on Twitter @DaniWKYC.
- Police release video after 2 teens killed in fiery I-77 crash involving stolen vehicle
- Suspect arrested, charged for hit-skip that killed 13-year-old boy in Richland County
- 1 dead after car crashes through fencing on bridge near East 28th Street and Cedar Avenue
- 13 killed in Ohio crashes during Thanksgiving holiday travel with 300 arrested for OVI
- Victims identified in fatal Geauga County crash that killed 5, injured 3 more
Editor's note: The video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated traffic story on Nov. 23, 2021.