CANTON, Ohio — Here's a traffic alert that you don't see every day.
A modular home was stuck on part of I-77 north near SR 800 in Canton after the driver realized that he wouldn't be able to maneuver through the median in a construction zone.
The house was removed early Thursday morning after crews closed a portion of I-77 before sunrise to get the home off the highway.
Previous coverage on this story:
ODOT says from 3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Thursday morning, the left lane of I-77 north will be closed approximately ½ mile south of SR 800 for the removal of the house.
I-77 north traffic must utilize the following alternate route: Take I-77 north to the right lane, exit at SR 800, re-enter I-77 north to U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave to U.S. 30 west to I-77 north.
The ramp from SR 800 south to I-77 north will be closed. Follow SR 800 south to I-77 south to SR 627 (Faircrest St. SW) to I-77 north.
- New pedestrian bridge coming to North Coast Harbor
- Mysterious nose sculpture appears at Cleveland park
- High-speed chase on I-71 ends in car crash and jail for a Medina man
- Ohio AG Yost files lawsuit to remove the owner of Ashland County mental health facility accused of abusing children
- Cleveland Clinic ranked #2 hospital in the world by Newsweek
- Officials arrest man wanted in brutal assault of 85-year-old Canton man
- Akron-Canton Foodbank's Harvest for Hunger campaign launches with donation match option: How you can help