CLEVELAND — Traffic was severely restricted on Interstate 90 in both directions on Tuesday due to high water in the area.
Officials say a water main broke near East 55th street in Cleveland, shutting down multiple lanes on the highway for several hours. South Marginal Road was also closed.
Multiple cars were "disabled," trapping several motorists. Westbound traffic was backed up all the way past South Marginal while eastbound cars were bumper-to-bumper towards Superior Avenue downtown.
This is a developing story. Please stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- Stanley Ford receives 9 consecutive life sentences without parole for fatal Akron fires
- Cleveland Clinic researchers begin trial for vaccine they hope will help prevent triple-negative breast cancer
- FDA panel considers Pfizer's COVID-19 shot for young children
- Jedrick Wills Jr. says Browns didn't feel drop off with Case Keenum at quarterback
- 'She had my back every day': 3News' Dave Chudowsky honors his mom Linda after her passing
- 'Everybody is kind of shook up': 2 unrelated, dangerous incidents reported at Kenmore-Garfield High School in Akron
- Kevin Love, Jarrett Allen guide Cavaliers to 99-87 win over Denver Nuggets
- Medina County police departments investigating reports of suspicious driver taking photos of children
- Cleveland police reform proposal known as Issue 24 still fueling debate
- Bedford High School temporarily shifts to all-remote learning following 'fights and threats of violence' among students
- Browns vs. Steelers 2021: Top storylines
- "Facts Not Fear: Your Kids and COVID" multi-platform discussion set for November 4 on Front Row and WKYC.com