OAKWOOD VILLAGE, Ohio — Drivers in Oakwood Village were experiencing an unexpected detour early Wednesday morning. That's because an overturned semi caused a ramp closure from I-271 South to I-480 East.
3News' Danielle Wiggins says a detour option was to exit I-271 South at 82 in Macedonia. Then, take 82 into Twinsburg where drivers can rejoin I-480 eastbound traffic.
The closure, which was reported in the 5 a.m. hour, was in effect for several hours. The issue caused slower traffic conditions as drivers navigated around the issue.
Be sure to follow @DaniWKYC on Twitter for all the latest traffic updates -- including any new information with this ramp closure.
- At least 15 people dead after vehicle crash in California
- Man indicted in connection with deadly Cleveland crash that killed funeral home VP Daniel Ripepi
- East Cleveland police chase ends in multi-car crash that injures 5; 2 suspects arrested
- Atlanta man dies after struck by vehicle on I-71 in Ashland County
- Goodbye gas: Volvo to make only electric vehicles by 2030
- Ford recalls more than 79,000 trucks over windshield safety concerns
- Lordstown Motors to finish first electric truck prototypes in March
- Tesla to fix touch screens, ending spat with US regulators
- 2021 Cleveland Auto Show delayed until December, event moves to downtown Cleveland after I-X Center closure
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on Feb. 2, 2021.