CLEVELAND — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published at 6:45 a.m. on February 16, 2021.
It's one of those mornings where you definitely needed some extra time before hitting the roadways. With lots of schools closed throughout Northeast Ohio, we had some tough travel conditions as of 2:30 a.m. Tuesday after the winter storm left behind snow-covered roadways.
Shortly after 2 a.m., ODOT said there were 1,244 crews working throughout the state.
'We're seeing everything from snow-covered to icy roadways," ODOT tweeted. "If you can, please avoid travel."
Below you will find a sampling of pictures from various spots throughout Northeast Ohio to give you a glimpse at the road conditions as they happened during the morning commute.
7:59 a.m. Very slow traffic conditions on I-77 North due to a crash near Arlington Road in Akron.
7:30 a.m. Here's our team coverage of the latest traffic and weather conditions:
- I-71 at I-271 in Medina County:
- I-90 at Route 252 in Bay Village:
- I-480 at Warrensville Center Road:
6:35 a.m. There are a handful of crashes right now...
6:10 a.m. We're noticing more roadways have much cleaner lanes as crews continue clearing the snow -- but be sure to take things a bit slower today in case you come across some ice.
- I-77 at Route 18 in Summit County:
- I-71 at Snow Road:
- I-77 at Pershing in Cleveland:
6:06 a.m. Here's a look at the slow travel conditions:
- I-77 at Copley Road in Summit County:
- I-76 at Tallmadge Avenue:
- I-71 at West 117th:
- I-77 at White Pond Drive:
- I-76 at East Market Street:
- US 20 at Parmly Road:
- I-77 at Arlington Road:
- Route 8 at Graham:
I-76 at Route 21:
4:10 a.m. "Travel remains hazardous, so please stay home if you can," ODOT tweeted.
3:58 a.m. 3News' Austin Love offers this peek at the driving conditions along I-90 near Lakewood:
- I-71 at I-76:
- I-90 at East 185th:
- I-90 at state Route 43:
- I-271 at Route 8:
- I-77 at US 62:
- I-480 at the Turnpike:
3:03 a.m. 3News' Danielle Wiggins says her drive this morning from Summit County to Cleveland "was the worst commute I've had so far in 2021."
2:30 a.m. Here's a sampling of road conditions throughout Northeast Ohio:
- I-77 at the Turnpike:
- I-90 at West 44th:
- I-71 at Route 82:
- RELATED: LIVE BLOG | Winter storm in Northeast Ohio: Real-time updates
- RELATED: List: Snow parking bans in effect throughout Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: Expert provides tips for driving in Northeast Ohio's wintry weather
- RELATED: FORECAST | See the extended 7-day outlook
- RELATED: Need exercise in the winter? Try snowshoeing in Geauga County!
- RELATED: ODOT having crews work 12 hour shifts to keep roads clear as winter storm moves in