AKRON, Ohio — A portion of I-76 in downtown Akron was closed on Tuesday afternoon due to a crash.
According to the Ohio Department of Transportation, I-76 westbound just west of the Central Interchange at Route 8 was closed for a time due to a crash.
The Akron Police Department tells 3News that the crash happened at about 2 p.m. It resulted in a pickup truck being on its side and leaking fuel. The fuel leak has been taken care of. One person has been transported to Cleveland Clinic Akron General Hospital. Their condition is unknown.
The detour was I-77 southbound to I-277 westbound to I-76/Kenmore Leg, however the highway has now been reopened.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
More Northeast Ohio Headlines:
- Woman dies after being found unresponsive in Wickliffe hotel room; man in custody
- Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield won't play vs. Bengals; will have surgery as soon as possible
- Medical examiner officially rules homicide as cause of death of Cleveland officer Shane Bartek
- Emaciated dog nursed back to health at Lake Humane Society now needs forever home: How you can adopt Sparky
- Senator Rob Portman tests positive for COVID-19
- Cleveland Browns are at 'a very critical crossroads': #3Browns The 5th Quarter with Jay Crawford and Dave 'Dino' DeNatale