WICKLIFFE, Ohio — Drivers encountered an unexpected detour early Thursday morning due to a crash involving an overturned box truck on Route 2 West near East 305th Street.
The Wickliffe Police Department shared an update on Facebook saying they had to close the westbound lanes as crews worked to clear the wreckage after the truck crashed through the concrete divider wall.
“The driver of the truck was extricated by the Wickliffe Fire Department and transported to the hospital with unknown injuries,” Wickliffe police noted in their Facebook post while thanking everybody for their patience.
No additional details about the crash were immediately available.
- No deaths, injuries after 24 hours of standstill traffic on I-95; drivers now free
- Man charged after police chase involving murdered Cleveland officer Shane Bartek's vehicle appears in court
- One person killed, another wounded, in shooting in Elyria on Tuesday
- Ten people died in vehicle-related incidents over the New Year's holiday weekend, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol
- 'There might be a shortage of donuts in Medina today': Police share photos after donuts fall out of truck
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on July 8, 2021.