EASTLAKE, Ohio — Residents of Cleveland's east suburbs felt the ground shake Monday morning and quickly turned to social media to talk about it.
WKYC's Betsy Kling confirmed that a 4.0 earthquake was recorded in the Eastlake area of Lake County Monday at 10:50 a.m. She says the quake itself was recorded 2.5 miles off Eastlake, 3.1 miles deep.
RELATED: 4.0 earthquake hits near Eastlake
Here's what social media users said about the experience:
- Jewels Johnson in Euclid: "The wall behind me shook & it felt like someone was jackhammering in the garage. Couldn't figure out what was going on! Happy to know I didn't imagine it!"
- Danielle Grummitt: "Felt it in Twinsburg! Very brief and very mild..."
- Maria Zoul in Lyndhurst: "My family room shook pretty good! Thought some kind of explosion."
- Karen Vitello: "I felt it in Mayfield Heights! I thought someone was breaking into my apartment!"
- Dennis Miller: "Felt it in Copley, very light but the house shook."
- Casey Fister Moser: "I felt it @ Akron Children's Hospital. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me!"
- Indira Gatlin: "My dog went crazy a few seconds before ....then it shook."
There was also this post on Facebook from Mentor Family Foods: