CLEVELAND — Get ready for a blast of snow coming up on Friday!
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for several Northeast Ohio counties in the "Snowbelt" area for Friday.
For those in Lake and Ashtabula counties, the advisory will begin at 1 a.m. Friday and continue until 1 a.m. on Saturday. Lake effect snow is expected with total accumulations of 3 to 6 inches.
In Cuyahoga and Geauga counties, the advisory is set to start at 4 a.m. and continue until 10 p.m. on Friday. Lake effect snow is forecast with total accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.
Motorists should plan on slippery road conditions, which could impact the morning or evening commute. Also, the heaviest snow is expected to arrive Friday morning for an enhanced impact on your drive into work.
Temperatures are expected to be bitter cold on Friday with highs in the low 20s. Get our latest forecast here.
- FORECAST | Colder air returns with frigid wind chills
- Virginia officials defend response to snowy gridlock on I-95
- Stranded drivers endure frigid night on impassable highway near DC
- 2022 starts with thousands of canceled US flights
- No deaths, injuries after 24 hours of standstill traffic on I-95; drivers now fre