LAKEWOOD, Ohio -- The original Melt Bar and Grilled restaurant in Lakewood is closing Sunday, April 1 for a 26-day renovation project.
Matt Fish, the owner and founder of Melt, said the goal is to modernize the restaurant while keeping the original look and feel.
“The original location was opened on a very small budget and we only did what was necessary to get the doors open but the time is right to bring the original Melt location up to current service and guest experience expectations.”
Here’s what you can expect from the remodel:
- New Melt signage on the back of the building.
- Cosmetic updates to the interior of the bar and dining room areas.
- Completely gutting and rebuilding / expanding the kitchen with a new floor, walls and ceiling.
- Two new first-floor bathrooms.
- A new host stand area.
- A new serve station area.
- New exterior back entrance area.
Melt’s reopening celebration of the Lakewood restaurant will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, April 27 with “exclusive swag and mystery guests.”
The Lakewood location opened in September 2006. The Melt brand has since expanded with multiple restaurants scattered throughout Ohio, including Akron, Columbus, Dayton and a spot in Cedar Point.