OHIO, USA — As Northeast Ohio residents, we are no strangers to seasonal changes. So, with much of the region expected to be impacted with heavy snowfall overnight, many will awake to thoughts of all of the fun that can be had on a snowy day.
One of those people prepared and excited for the snow was our very own Mike Polk Jr. At his request, he was tasked with uncovering the best places to go sledding across Northeast Ohio. But, he was in need of some help on where to start his quest. So he turned to you, our viewers. We asked for your suggestions on where to send Mike for the best sledding experiences and you did not disappoint.
As a result, here is a list of the top 10 places to go sledding (in no particular order) in Northeast Ohio according to you, our viewers:
- Cain Park Hill - 14591 Superior Road
- Hinckley Township Sledding Hill - Hinckley, OH 44233
- Virginia Kendall Park - Peninsula, OH 44264
- Euclid Hill - E 222nd Street and Euclid Avenue
- Toboggan Chutes -16200 Valley Pkwy, Strongsville, OH 44136
- Friedt Park - 415 Leatherman Road Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
- Cascade Park - 387 Furnace St, Elyria, OH 44035
- Goodyear Heights Metro Park - 2077 Newton St, Akron, OH 44305
- Engle Road Sledding Hill -Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
- Conneaut Township Park - 480 Lake Rd, Conneaut, OH 44030
And simply because Ohio is full of hillside bliss, here are honorable mentions that are also fit for sledding fun.
- Lake Shore Park- Lakeshore Dr, Ashtabula, OH 44004
- Todd Field - Willoughby, OH 44094
- Old River Farm Sledding Area - Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
- Bolich Middle School, Newberry Hill- 2630 13th St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
And safety is important, while you're enjoying the winter weather, be sure to keep these safety tips provided by our January Keaton in mind.
And if you're not so keen on exploring the cold yourself, our Matt Standridge has a look at some of Northeast Ohio's winter gems.