CLEVELAND — It’s one of the most beloved holiday movies of all time – and now the iconic Cleveland house where the film was made is in the running to be named America’s favorite pop culture museum.
That's because A Christmas Story House and Museum is one of 20 nominees included in the nationwide 10Best vote from USA TODAY for 2023.
Editor's note: Video in the player at the top of this story was originally published in a previous article on
The bucket list movie destination on West 11th Street in Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood, which has been up for sale since last November, is currently in third place as of 7 a.m. on Jan. 18. The top two positions are held by the Mothman Musuem in West Virginia and Rancho Obi-Wan in California.
“America has long been a hotbed of pop culture and these museums celebrate the very best of it from movies and sports to beloved condiments and urban legends,” according to the nationwide poll from USA TODAY.
You can cast your vote once per day HERE. Voting closes at noon on Monday, Feb. 13. Results will be announced on Friday, Feb. 24.
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on Jan. 1, 2023.
What are all 20 nominees included in this 10Best poll? See the full list below:
- The American Sign Museum: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum: Columbus, Ohio
- A Christmas Story House and Museum: Cleveland, Ohio
- Comic-Com Museum: San Diego, California
- Computer History Museum: Mountain View, California
- Doo Wop Experience Museum: Wildwood, New Jersey
- Esse Purse Museum: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Mothman Museum: Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Museum of Clean: Pocatello, Idaho
- Museum of Pop Culture: Seattle, Washington
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum: Cooperstown, New York
- National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- National Mustard Museum: Middleton, Wisconsin
- The Neon Museum: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Oz Museum: Wamego, Kansas
- Paisley Park: Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Rancho Obi-Wan: Petaluma, California
- The Ringling Circus Museum: Sarasota, Florida
- The Strong National Museum of Play: Rochester, New York
- Vent Haven Museum: Fort Mitchell, Kentucky